"As if being hospitalized wasn't traumatic enough, spend more time with the ultimate wolves in sheep's clothing—medical professionals who murder the very people they're tasked with keeping alive. Behind the Murder Curtain is a nonstop thrill ride with Special Agent Bruce Sackman, who tracks and brings these killers to justice."
– Terence Winter, creator and executive producer of Boardwalk Empire
"Special Agent Bruce Sackman looks Behind the Murder Curtain and doesn't like what he sees. Then he does something about it. An amazing look into a scary world."
– Nicholas Pileggi, author of Wise Guys and Casino
"Everyone who reads Behind the Murder Curtain will experience an epiphany about the dangers that lurk within the presumed secure environment of hospitals. For two decades, Bruce Sackman has been educating nurses about medical serial killers to improve early detection of unspeakable crimes. Bruce Sackman's shocking revelations about health care workers is a must read for forensic nurses. The motives, the murder plots and their execution masterfully unfold in this true crime story that reads like a novel."
– Janet Barber Duval, MSN, RN, FAAFS, forensic nurse educator and consultant, co-author Forensic Nursing Science
"Behind the Murder Curtain shines a light on a macabre world where we are betrayed by people we trust the most. Special Agent Bruce Sackman's groundbreaking work to bring down medical serial killers is the stuff of great detective novels but more frightening because it's true. This book may keep you awake at night, but it is worth a nightmare of two."
– Rupert Holmes, multiple Tony and Edgar award-winning author of Broadway's The Mystery of Edwin Drood and Nero award-nominated Best American Mystery Novel Where the Truth Lies
"When patients at a VA hospital are dying at an alarming rate, Special Agent Bruce Sackman is called in to find out why. What he finds Behind the Murder Curtain is the stuff of great detective fiction... but it's true!"
– Otto Penzler, owner of New York's Mysterious Bookshop and editor of The Big Book of Jack the Ripper
"Special Agent Bruce Sackman, a pioneering expert in investigating medical serial killers, provides a chilling tale of medical professionals who kill those entrusted in their care, and the Murder Curtain that protects them. Through his experience into these cases, and his dedicated service to those he himself swore to keep safe, he provides an invaluable protocol for identifying and investigating these most chilling cases, to bring to justice those who break their solemn oath."
– C. Gabrielle Salfati, M.Sc. Ph.D. F.IA-IP, Professor of Psychology, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, Researcher and author in the field of behavioral crime scene investigation and serial homicides