Newly updated with the latest science, Reverse Diabetes Forever offers more than 700 tips, plans, and recipes to beat diabetes.
The only guide you'll ever need to mastering diabetes (type 1 or type 2), once and for all. In this comprehensive book, you'll find the latest science and expert advice that enables you--at long last--to take control. You'll learn how to shop, cook, and eat. Learn how to transform your favorite comfort foods into delectable, diet-friendly meals (your family won't know you've changed a thing) that'll get you out of the kitchen fast.
Beyond learning to eat well, defeating diabetes means learning how to be more active. It's easier than you think! Cherry-pick from the menu of easy exercises until you've created a 15-minute workout that will trim your tummy and bring your blood sugar numbers down.
What's more, you'll come to understand how insidious stress can be. It actually raises blood sugar and lowers your mood, making eating and moving more healthfully a nearly insurmountable challenge. Find scores of smart tips for putting a limit on your daily stresses and banking sleep on the weekend (sleep is the top stress-busting secret of all time).
In addition, you’ll discover:
• The very best foods to eat every day for stable blood sugar
• The “active living pyramid,” a simple guide to the movement you need
• The latest studies on how periodic fasting, AGEs (advanced glycation end-products), gut bacteria, and workplace interventions can help beat blood sugar
• Tools for tracking your diet, planning doctor visits, monitoring your medication, and more
• More than 40 recipes for fresh, delicious, comforting meals, including French fries and chocolate cookies
With more than 700 practical tips and simple solutions drawn from the latest science, Reverse Diabetes Forever will help you take charge of your blood sugar once and for all.
Get our latest book recommendations, author news, and competitions right to your inbox.
More books from this author: Editors at Reader's Digest