"Resilience is a trait very important in both business and addiction recovery. I've never seen anymore more resilient than Brian. His journey is one that should be read about with notes taken."
– Mark Cuban, Entrepreneur and Owner of the Dallas Mavericks
"Brian Cuban gives us a crash ourse in the brutal realities of alcoholism and addiction among lawyers. He spares no painful detail in recounting the many challenges he overcame to build a new a purposeful life. Incorporating the stories of other lawyers who struggle with addiction, this book will be of great service to those in the profession in need of inspiration.
Many lawyers are reluctant to admit they have a problem and reach out for help. Brian makes clear that the only way to tackle this issue among attorneys is to speak up and extend a hand to the next person who is suffering."
– Lisa F. Smith, Author of "Girl Walks Out Of A Bar: A Memoir"
"As a law school dean, I have seen first-hand the devastating impact of substance abuse on students' paths to achieve their goals and on lawyers' ability to thrive in the profession. It is more important now than ever to provide law students and lawyers with the tools they need to recognize the problem in themselves and others and move toward resolving it.
Brian's book is a page-turner and reads like an exciting novel. But, rather than fiction, it portrays the harsh realities for so many in our profession who are struggling with addiction. The book's message is one of hope—the hope that it is possible for those struggling with addiction to regain control of their lives and move forward for the benefit of themselves and their clients. This book is a must-read for all law students and lawyers."
– Cynthia L. Fountaine, Dean & Professor of Law Southern Illinois University School of Law
"If you want information beyond data and citations, communicated in a way that will resonate with you, look no further than The Addicted Lawyer. You will find stories at your level, as well as advice on what to do next."
– David Jaffe, Associate Dean for Student Affairs, American University Washington College of Law
"Brian Cuban has done something very important with The Addicted Lawyer—taken the subject of a widespread problem that most lawyers and law firms would rather ignore and made it accessible, personal, and above all, real. Without question, this book is going to help people."
– Patrick R. Krill, Attorney, addiction counselor, and leading expert on addiction in the legal profession. Co-author of "The Prevalence of Substance Use and Other Mental Health Concerns Among American Attorneys."
"I've often searched for the right words and advice when I see addiction destroying great lawyers. The Addicted Lawyer is filled with the right words and advice, for all lawyers."
– Brian Tannebaum, Ethics Lawyer and Author of "The Practice: Brutal Truths About Lawyers and Lawyering"