Hundreds of traditional and contemporary recipes for an authentic taste of Brazil!
Brazilian food is a complex and vibrant fusion of native Indian foods and ingredients with immigrant culinary traditions from Portugal and Africa, as well as the Middle East, Japan, Germany, and Italy. Each geographic region of Brazil has its own distinctive cuisine, based on locally available ingredients and the people who settled there. The Everything Brazilian Cookbook
aims to introduce this exciting cuisine to you with a collection of not-too-complicated yet adventurous recipes, including:
- Brazilian Chicken Salad - Salpicao
- Warm Sweet Potato Salad - Salada Quente de Batata Doce
- Creamy Shrimp Soup - Caldo de Camarao
- Pork and Hominy Stew - Canjiquinha Mineira
- Coconut Butternut Squash Soup - Sopa de Abobora e Coco
- Braised Roulades of Beef in Tomato Sauce - Bife a Role
- Roast Leg of Lamb with Cachaça - Pernil de Cordeiro Assado na Cachaça
- Stewed Chicken with Okra – Frango com Quiabo
- Pineapple Raisin Farofa – Farofa de Abacaxi
- Brazilian-style Greens – Couve a Mineira
- Guava Cheesecake - Cuca de Queijo com Goiabada
- Passion Fruit Mousse – Mousse de Maracuja
The recipes in this book start with fresh, healthy ingredients, instead of relying on prepared or packaged foods. This "back to basics" way of cooking is easier and less time-consuming than you may think, and the results taste better and are far more nutritious. With this indispensible and detailed cookbook, you'll be able to prepare and enjoy this vibrant and delicious cuisine in your own kitchen!