"A delightful book based on a delightful idea--and a must-read for anyone interested in Zen."
– Mu Soeng, author of The Heart of the Universe
"The most important of all koans finally gets the attention it deserves. For those considering koan study, or just curious about this unique spiritual practice, this is a very valuable book."
– David R. Loy, author of Money Sex War Karma and The World Is Made of Stories
"This book sets you wandering in uncharted territories of surprise and sudden freedom. If you dare risk the uncertainty of travel into the unknown, this is the book for you."
– Lin Jensen, author of Deep Down Things
"A tremendous book, subtle and beautiful, whose power creeps up on you in the midst of reading it. This book takes the reader beyond the words--a universe between two covers."
– Deborah Schoeberlein, author of Mindful Teaching and Teaching Mindfulness
"A thorough and wide-ranging look at the mother of all koans and a first-rate introduction to koans in general."
– Scott Edelstein, author of Sex and the Spiritual Teacher
"The Book of Mu is a book that people will want to read and return to again and again."
– Jeremy D. Safran, editor of Psychoanalysis and Buddhism
"Sure to inspire many Zen students and practitioners."
– Steven Heine in Buddhadharma
"Useful, insightful, and lovely!"
– Rafe Martin, author of The Banyan Deer
– Noah Levine, author of Heart of the Revolution