"Heartwarming, endearing, and sure to leave you swooning, What I Like About You shines with authentic characters you will absolutely fall in love with. This story is as sweet as the cupcakes you’ll be craving by the end!"
– Rachael Lippincott, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Five Feet Apart
"With a charming, modern teen voice and a cast of characters I refuse to believe aren't real people, this debut explores the connections we make online and IRL. A love letter to storytelling, fandom, and all kinds of friendships, I'm still hugging What I Like About You tightly to my chest."
– Rachel Lynn Solomon, author of You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone
"This book is like a cupcake - delicious and to be devoured in one sitting."
– Laura Silverman, author of Girl Out of Water and You Asked for Perfect
"We fell in love at first DM with this delightfully readable debut. Equal parts clever contemporary romance and celebration of the joys of reading and connecting with people regardless of distance or medium, What I Like About You is what we love about YA."
– Emily Wibberley and Austin Siegemund-Broka, authors of If I’m Being Honest
"What I Like About You is real, relatable, and as sweet as a One True Pastry cupcake. Marisa Kanter's voice will resonate with readers. I couldn't put this one down!"
– Gloria Chao, author of American Panda and Our Wayward Fate
"WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU is utterly unputdownable and completely enchanting. Along with fantastic Jewish representation, Kanter's debut is an ode to fandoms, teen readers, and the friendships we make through our communities, on and offline. So fun, so relatable, I was rooting for Halle and Nash the whole time."
– Katherine Locke, award-winning author of THE GIRL WITH THE RED BALLOON and co-editor of IT'S A WHOLE SPIEL
"Cupcake cute and Belle-brainy. Fans of Miranda Kenneally and Jenny Han will like Kanter’s smart (and a little bit awkward) main character whose romance is based on more than the physical...but also the physical"
– School Library Journal, February 2020
"With humor and compassion, Kanter’s debut is fun to read...Kudos to Kanter for featuring Jewish teens and telling a sweet story that also examines the blurring of online and real lives."
– Booklist, March 15, 2020
"A charming, witty story about authenticity in the social media age, told with a wink and a string of heart-eyes emojis."
– BookPage, April 2020
"Offering a fun look at the world of online dating, Marisa Kanter's What I Like About You will warm your heart."
– Insider.com, September 2020