Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
Body Healing Cards
Table of Contents
About The Book
A full-color card deck to intuitively explore the interconnected nature of the organs and the health of body, mind, and spirit
• Presents 56 beautifully illustrated cards that depict the physical, soul, and spiritual layers of our organs and anatomy
• The accompanying guidebook explains how to use the cards, offers a channeled message for each card, and helps you develop strategies for resolving stressful situations around your health
• Details 7 different card spreads, including the Health Spiral, Organ Constellations, the Organ Clock Spread, and the complex Health Matrix, which includes the four dimensions of physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health
In a healthy body, all our organs and body systems work harmoniously together, like musicians in an orchestra. When an organ becomes “out of tune”--showing symptoms of disease or dysfunction--we attempt to restore it to full function by focusing on it alone. However, every organ is interconnected within the whole body. Only when we look at the “in-between,” at what happens in the connections between the organs, do we get a fuller picture of health and illness and of the path to healing.
Based on Ewald Kliegel’s more than 40 years of hands-on healing work, Body Healing Cards offers an opportunity to intuitively investigate the essence of the individual organs, explore their interconnectedness within the body, and discover their physical, soul, and spiritual layers. Anne Heng’s beautiful full-color intuitive artwork carries information that addresses the unconscious levels of the organs, opening up buried senses of the soul and enabling us to become aware not only of the pure function of the organs but also of their emotional, soul, and spiritual levels. The corresponding channeled messages in the accompanying booklet help you develop strategies for resolving stressful situations around your health as well as offering a tool for prevention by pointing toward latent dysfunctions even before illness manifests in the body. The booklet explains how to use the 56-card deck, including the two Male and Female principle cards, and details 7 different card spreads, including the Health Spiral, the Organ Constellation, the Organ Clock Spread, and the complex Health Matrix, which embraces the four dimensions of physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health as well as the elements of fire, water, air, and earth.
Opening up an entirely new dimension of body awareness, Body Healing Cards offers a holistic approach to health for both self-healing and wellness practitioners.
The eyes convey the visible world to the inside and our inner sensations and impulses to the outside. They illuminate the world of the mind with the glow of the feelings. When we open up to the creative aspects of life, we encounter the profound inner knowledge that the world is perfect and that with happy “eye moments” we can ignite others with the beauty of life.
- Soften your eyes and touch into your feeling of compassion with the people around you.
- Open your eyes to the beauty in life.
- Share your joy of life with your fellow humans and cheer them up with bright eyes. Crystals to support this organ: Polychrome tourmaline and Disthene (Cyanite)
The rhythm of the heart, with its warming currents, spreads through all structures of body and soul to the furthest corners. It can register even the smallest impulses and it synchronizes the interaction of the organs. The heart is connected to the essence of the being, with a love that incorporates active compassion. This applies in particular to the dialogue between two hearts, which have the power to change the course of the world.
- Pay attention to your heart for all your decisions. Only make those decisions where your heart feels warm.
- Send the pulse of your heart out like waves and receive the echo as sensations in your heart.
- Choose your words in harmony with the rhythm of your heart.
From “Card Spreads”:
The Health Spiral
The health spiral is particularly suitable for sessions in which you accompany clients on their way to health. You can, of course, use this technique also for yourself. It is a valuable resource for analyzing health problems and approaches to healing.
Instructions for the health spiral:
For self-analysis it is best to lay out the health spiral on the floor, with ample space around. In a consultation or therapy framework you can, of course, also place it on a table.
- Select the card of the organ that draws your attention most at present (card 1) and place it face down on position 1 in the spiral.
- Then choose or draw seven more cards.
- Take a few breaths for creating inner distance.
- Then just following your feeling place the seven cards face down on the positions 2 to 8 in the spiral.
The next level is that of identity, associated with how we define ourselves. Most of the time, it expresses a group membership or an ownership of “that’s just who I am.” A group membership becomes evident in statements like “I am”, e.g., “one of the Millers,” “a Benedictine monk,” or “a Hell's Angel.” This “I am” determines how we encounter other people we deal with and also how we regard ourselves in relation to health. If you say, “I am a diabetic” or “I am sick,” this has a different effect on our body than “I deal with diabetes” or “I'm struggling with the flu.” In the second form we find: “I have rheumatism” or “I have migraines,” instead of “I try to find a way with the pain in my joints” or “the headache is very intense at the moment.” Especially the addition of the words “always” or “never” after “have” characterize this as a statement of identity. The position of card 3 corresponds to this level. . . .
Questions for each card position once you turn the organ cards face up:
Card 1. Topic in question or organ currently concerned
- what do I see in this picture?
- which sensations, feelings, emotions, perceptions, or memories come to my mind?
- what do I like in the picture?
- what bothers me in the picture?
- what conflict comes to mind?
- Formulate a sentence and write it down.
Card 2. Purpose or meaning in life
- what do I see in this picture?
- which sensations, feelings, emotions, perceptions, or memories come to my mind? what do I like in the picture?
- what bothers me in the picture?
- which doors in life are opening for me when I think of the organ?
- which door is already open to me that I have not noticed before?
- how do I recognize through this organ my purpose beyond my personal concerns?
- what do I feel obliged to in this life?
- What could be a good solution for me when I think of the organ?
About The Illustrator
Anne Heng is a painter and illustrator, who specializes in painting on silk, which enables her to convey the quiet beauty of nature. She lives near the Taunus Mountains in Germany.
- Publisher: Findhorn Press (June 1, 2021)
- Length: 128 pages
- ISBN13: 9781644112557
Browse Related Books
Raves and Reviews
"In this beautiful set of cards and the accompanying guidebook, Body Healing Cards, author Ewald Kliegel & illustrator Anne Heng provide a wonderful way to talk with your body’s organs. By focusing on an organ and then either choosing or intuitively drawing cards, one can learn more about disease, illness, or upset in the body and discover ways to heal. Using his 40+ years of experience as a massage therapist, naturopath, and reflexologist, Kliegel really knows the human body. I really enjoyed working with the Body Healing Cards and look forward to more adventures. You can always use it for a quick reading (a three-card spread would also work very well) and refer to the guidebook as needed. This card set would be great for a massage therapist or any type of body worker to accent client sessions. I am also inspired to reflect more on the interconnectedness of my body and its many organs, which work in concert for my good health."
– PJ Spur, MusingMystical
Resources and Downloads
More books from this illustrator: Anne Heng
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.