Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
Student's Anatomy of Stretching Manual
50 Fully-Illustrated Strength Building and Toning Stretches
Table of Contents
About The Book
In The Anatomy of Stretching, full-color illustrations demonstrate 50 common stretches and show exactly what happens in the body during each one. With more than 100 full-color anatomical illustrations and clear, concise instructions for each stretch, The Anatomy of Stretching is an ideal manual for understating anatomy and improving the effectiveness of workouts.
Ideal for health and fitness trainers, students of sports science, and those hoping to start or improve their own fitness regimen, Barron’s guide includes:
- An introduction to the principles of stretching, including safety tips and proper techniques
- 50 fully-illustrated, strength-building and toning stretches for each part of the body
- Variations for beginners and more advanced students for each stretch
- A workbook section with illustrations of the muscular and skeletal system and a glossary of terms
At one time, stretching was viewed as a practice to be done before a workout, a run, or other physical activity. Today, our understanding of stretching has expanded. The practice not only improves general fitness and flexibility, it also increases circulation, calms the mind, fends off injuries and illness, and can even aid in getting a better night’s sleep.
- Publisher: Barrons Educational Services (May 1, 2014)
- Length: 192 pages
- ISBN13: 9781438003917
Browse Related Books
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): Student's Anatomy of Stretching Manual Trade Paperback 9781438003917
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.