Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems
Sleeping, Feeding, and Behavior--Beyond the Basics from Infancy Through Toddlerhood
Table of Contents
About The Book
The Baby Whisperer gives new parents everything they need to tackle the challenges of sleep, eating habits, tantrums, growth issues, and more!
The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems is an in-depth look at the most challenging issues faced by parents of babies and young children today. The book goes beyond the basics introduced in her first two books, becoming a compendium of specific and targeted parenting strategies. Each chapter tackles a different topic, from teaching babies to sleep, feeding techniques, potty training, and much more. Hogg will also discuss her two new Baby Whispering concepts, which are being patient and conscious and learning to detect “prime times”—windows of opportunity for sleep training, introducing bottles (in breast-fed babies), sippy cups, toilet training, and much more.
Once you learn how to translate banguage, the “baby-language” your infant uses to communicate needs, feelings, and opinions, you can see your child for who he or she really is—an understanding that will serve you well as your child blossoms into the toddler years. By helping you establish a daily routine and tailor your parenting strategies according to your child’s unique personality and stage of development, Tracy will teach you how to:
• Employ the Twelve Principles of Problem Solving—simple troubleshooting techniques for everyday situations
• Avoid, or remedy, accidental parenting—inadvertent adult behavior that often leads to such common parenting challenges as sleep problems, poor eating habits, separation anxiety, and tantrums
• Identify windows of opportunity for teaching babies how to get to sleep on their own, introducing bottles to breast-fed babies, toilet training, and other growth issues
For Tracy’s fans, this book will be a welcome addition to the Hogg library; for readers unfamiliar with her philosophy of care, it will open a new world of understanding and insight.
- Publisher: Atria Books (January 3, 2006)
- Length: 416 pages
- ISBN13: 9780743488945
Browse Related Books
Raves and Reviews
"The high-spirited Hogg is humorous yet relentless in her quest to help parents find out why their baby acts a certain way.... [her] followers will no doubt be delighted."
-- Publishers Weekly
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems Trade Paperback 9780743488945
- Author Photo (jpg): Melinda Blau Photograph by Jennifer Martin(0.1 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.