Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
The Giant Kill
Table of Contents
About The Book
Max Roper, durable investigator, is sapped, doped and imprisoned on a boat apparently used by a mysterious Oriental for business purposes. The point of this caper is to have Max carry a warning to basketball superstar Jo-Jo Gonzaga that he must throw the championship play-off. When Gonzaga is shot and killed in his own fabulous and eccentrically designed home after his team wins the second game of the series, Roper decides to find the hoods who had abducted him.
Max discovers that a lot of people wanted Gonzaga dead and that there is more to this murder than the gangland routine of forcing a team win at any cost.
- Jules Belmont, miserly millionaire who likes to bet and bet big. He also hates to lose—a bet or a dame.
- Sandy Shaw, a bright and sexy whiz kid who can beat the computer in her specialty of voice prints.
- Larry LaSalle, her boss, resident expert at UCLA, the man who had designed the computer which can identify any person from his speech patterns.
- Barbara Belmont, niece of Jules.
- A hippie girl who lives at sea and tries to keep Roper the same.
- Frankie Wu, a shadowy Oriental who may be part of an international heroin-smuggling ring.
Then there are the other characters Roper knows only as The Rube, Gorilla and Wolfman. He trails this trio to Mexico, where more violence erupts. Then the trail leads back to a beautiful blonde singer in the Gaslight Club in Los Angeles, where there is more violence. There is Tom Power, the ex-basketballer, a man who remembers the favors Gonzaga had done for him.
Not to be forgotten among this provocatively mixed cast, are the Great Danes who owned by Gonzaga. Roper has a feeling they will be in a the final kill and only hopes he can beat them to it when he brings down Gonzaga’s murderer.
- Publisher: Prologue Books (February 15, 2012)
- Length: 100 pages
- ISBN13: 9781440540455
Browse Related Books
Resources and Downloads
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.