"An amazing collection. This book gives the wonderful feel of the sincerity, the great range, and the nobility of the spiritual work that women are doing and have been doing, unacknowledged, for a very long time. An essential and delightful book."
– John Tarrant, author of Bring Me The Rhinoceros And Other Zen Koans That Will Save Your Life
"Record of the Hidden Lamp is a gift to all Dharma students, men and women. In this magnificent and fresh compilation, we learn about the feminine and its central place in Buddhist teachings and practice."
– Pilar Jennings, author of Mixing Minds
"A treasure. Earthy, challenging, often irreverent, always inspiring the reader to dig deep for the truth that leads to awakening. Not only for women, this collection presents the rich feminine perspective for all sincere dharma practitioners."
– James Baraz, cofounding teacher Spirit Rock Meditation Center, author of Awakening Joy: 10 Steps to Real Happiness
"How beautiful and strong, the voices of these wise women, made intimate and modern in this ancient Zen form."
– Jack Kornfield
"This is an invaluable resource for practitioners and seekers everywhere. These are treasures unearthed."
– Sharon Salzberg, author of Lovingkindness and Real Happiness
"You will return to this collection again and again for a dose of its abundant insight, encouragement, steadfastness, warmth, and wit."
– Colleen Morton Busch, author of Fire Monks
"Teachings leap off these pages - a wake-up call for the 21st century."
– China Galland, author of Love Cemetery
"An important contribution to Buddhist literature that provides a more complete understanding of Buddhism and Buddhist history."
– Steve Hagen, author of Why the World Doesn't Seem to Make Sense