Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
The Little Book of Satanism
A Guide to Satanic History, Culture, and Wisdom
Table of Contents
About The Book
Discover the fascinating history and culture of Satanism through the ages and learn why many Satanists today stand up for free inquiry and personal liberty.
Satanism is too often misunderstood as a religion that makes blood sacrifices to an evil, horned Prince of Darkness. In reality, modern Satanists are nonviolent and nontheistic, and consider the Devil to be a meaningful metaphor for the pursuit of knowledge, reason, and justice.
The Little Book of Satanism details the “mark of the beast” in cultural and historic movements over the centuries, which have informed the sincerely held beliefs and practices of Satanists today. Written by award-winning alternative culture journalist and blogger La Carmina, this comprehensive guide includes:
- A foreword from Lucien Greaves, activist, spokesperson, and cofounder of The Satanic Temple
- Information on Satan’s biblical origins, and his various names, appearances, and symbols
- Details on his age-old role as a scapegoat, from medieval witch trials to the 1980s Satanic Panic
- An overview of modern philosophy and practices, focusing on The Church of Satan, The Satanic Bible, and The Satanic Temple
- Examples of the Devil’s influence on art, literature, music, and films—from Paradise Lost to Rosemary’s Baby
This accessible book explains how Satanism developed in the context of social history while debunking lurid conspiracy theories about serial killers and ritual abuse. It includes a primer on various Satanic practices such as social activism, rituals, and holidays. In the spirit of the fallen angel Lucifer, be inspired by Satanism’s affirmative values that courageously oppose arbitrary authority and champion nonconformity.
- Publisher: Ulysses Press (October 25, 2022)
- Length: 144 pages
- ISBN13: 9781646044221
Browse Related Books
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): The Little Book of Satanism Trade Paperback 9781646044221
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.