“The all-original stories collected here provide a lively cross-section of current science-fiction and fantasy writers… It's a cliche to say there's something for everyone here, but in this surprisingly eclectic anthology there probably is.”
– Chicago Tribune, on ROBOTS VS FAIRIES
"These lively, action-packed, and emotional tales by the best writers in sf/fantasy allow readers to root for their favorite team or discover new pleasures in an unfamiliar genre...Exceptional storytelling and well-paced writing make this volume a total delight."
– Library Journal, on ROBOTS VS FAIRIES
"The stories range from hilarious to spine-tingling, and each one has its own enchanting qualities...This is a cinematic and well-paced collection and will please both science-fiction and fantasy readers with its variety. Team Robot or Team Fairy? Definitely both."
– Booklist, on ROBOTS VS FAIRIES
"The modern revival of fairy tale fiction for adults began in the 20th century (with the stories of Angela Carter and Tanith Lee), and The Starlit Wood is proof that the revival is still going strong. Editors Parisien and Wolfe have brought a wide range of writers together to blaze new trails through the dark of the woods. Whether you're passionate about fairy tales, like I am, or haven't read them since childhood, I recommend this excellent anthology. I simply loved it."
– Terri Windling, World Fantasy Award-winning editor of the Snow White, Blood Red series, on THE STARLIT WOOD
“A classy, smart, and entertaining volume of stories put together with consummate care—and featuring the best and most exciting fantasy writers working in the field today.”
– Jeff VanderMeer, New York Times-bestselling author of the Southern Reach trilogy, on THE STARLIT WOOD
"Lots of strange and wonderful goings-on in The Starlit Wood. Fairy tales you thought you’d left behind in childhood are back in some very poignant, sly and original versions that will touch the Wow in most readers."
– Jonathan Carroll, World Fantasy-Award winning author, on THE STARLIT WOOD
"This anthology is consistent throughout, with well-crafted writing and a tantalizing taste of each author’s unique journey into reimagining classic fairy tales for a new audience."
– Booklist, on THE STARLIT WOOD
"A great pick for readers looking for a fresh, diverse spin on standard fairy tales."
– Library Journal, on THE STARLIT WOOD
"A rich sample of what awaits us in the world of fairy tales...well worth making time to read."
– Publishers Weekly, on THE STARLIT WOOD
"The Starlit Wood, edited by Dominik Parisien & Navah Wolfe is one of the best fantasy compilations of the year."
– Locus Magazine, on THE STARLIT WOOD
"The table of contents alone reads like a who's who of fantasy authors...Highly recommended."
– F&SF, on THE STARLIT WOOD
"Clever, touching, frightening, funny and frequently surprising, The Starlit Wood shines with magical possibility."
– The Press Herald, on THE STARLIT WOOD
"The best original fantasy anthology of the year."
– Jonathan Strahan, World Fantasy and Locus Award-winning editor, on THE STARLIT WOOD
"Robots vs Fairies is the creature feature you didn’t know you wanted.”
– The Washington Post, on ROBOTS VS FAIRIES
“This eclectic, often subversive collection will appeal to fairy tale fans who want something new and different.”
– Publishers Weekly