iOS 7 in Action is a detailed, hands-on guide that teaches you how to create amazing native iOS apps. You'll dive into key topics by exploring thoroughly explained real-world code examples you can expand and reuse. Learn about Collection Views, Storyboarding, Twitter & Facebook Integration, Passbook, Airplay, and much more. If you're already creating iOS apps, you'll learn how to capitalize on the newest iOS features.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Book
To develop great apps you need a deep knowledge of iOS. You also need a finely tuned sense of what motivates 500 million loyal iPhone and iPad users. iOS 7 introduces many new visual changes, as well as better multitasking, dynamic motion effects, and much more. This book helps you use those features in apps that will delight your users.
iOS 7 in Action is a hands-on guide that teaches you to create amazing native iOS apps. In it, you'll explore thoroughly explained examples that you can expand and reuse. If this is your first foray into mobile development, you'll get the skills you need to go from idea to app store. If you're already creating iOS apps, you'll pick up new techniques to hone your craft, and learn how to capitalize on new iOS 7 features.
This book assumes you're familiar with a language like C, C++, or Java. Prior experience with Objective-C and iOS is helpful.
About the AuthorsBrendan Lim
- Native iOS 7 design and development
- Learn Core Data, AirPlay, Motion Effects, and more
- Create real-world apps using each core topic
- Use and create your own custom views
- Introduction and overview of Objective-C
is a Y Combinator alum, the cofounder of Kicksend, and the author of MacRuby in Action
. Martin Conte Mac Donell
, aka fz
, is a veteran of several startups and an avid open source contributor.Table of Contents
PART 1 BASICS AND NECESSITIES
- Introduction to iOS development
- Views and view controller basics
- Using storyboards to organize and visualize your views
- Using and customizing table views
- Using collection views
PART 2 BUILDING REAL-WORLD APPLICATIONS
- Retrieving remote data
- Photos and videos and the Assets Library
- Social integration with Twitter and Facebook
- Advanced view customization
- Location and mapping with Core Location and MapKit
- Persistence and object management with Core Data
PART 3 APPLICATION EXTRAS
- Using AirPlay for streaming and external display
- Integrating push notifications
- Applying motion effects and dynamics