At Canadian Living, we believe that healthy, calorie-conscious eating doesn’t mean giving up delicious meals or leaving the table feeling hungry.
The trusted experts in the Canadian Living Test Kitchen have created a new collection of more than 90 flavour-packed, satisfying recipes for dinners you’ll enjoy cooking and eating – all under 400 calories. How did we do it? A simple substitution here, a clever cooking technique there, and sometimes leaving out a high-calorie ingredient the dish just doesn’t need. But we never cut back on great taste.
Whether you’re watching your diet carefully or simply want to eat better more often, you’ll find satisfying pasta dishes and stir-fries, easy meal-in-a-bowl soups and stews, and dinner salads that will fill you up. For times when you’d like a guilt-free treat to round off dinner, we’ve even included our favourite new desserts that are 200 calories or less per serving. All of our recipes are Tested-Till-Perfect, so you can be confident they will always taste as good on your plate as they did in the Canadian Living Test Kitchen.
More 400-Calorie Dinners is a companion volume to 2015’s best-selling 400-Calorie Dinners, with all-new recipes in a compact, budget-friendly edition. The cookbook, part of Canadian Living’s Essentials Collection, features mouthwatering colour photographs throughout, created by some of Canada’s top food photographers and food stylists.
• Dinner recipes grouped into 6 categories to help readers navigate quickly
• Special section of 200-calorie desserts
• Includes family-friendly favourites in 400-calorie versions, including lasagna, chili, tacos and mac and cheese
• Low-calorie side dishes to fill out a meal
• 50+ professionally shot colour photographs
• Helpful tips for cooking, shopping and preparing, plus make-ahead
instructions and recipe variations
• Comprehensive index that groups recipes into helpful categories; search by
type of recipe (such as soup or stir-fry), ingredient (such as pork tenderloin or
Get our latest book recommendations, author news, and competitions right to your inbox.
More books from this author: Canadian Living
Thank you for signing up, fellow book lover!
Tell us what you like, so we can send you books you'll love.