Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
The Prisoner of Cell 25
Table of Contents
About The Book
The start of an action-packed teen series from #1 New York Times bestselling author Richard Paul Evans.
To everyone at Meridian High School, fourteen-year-old Michael Vey is nothing special, just the kid who has Tourette’s syndrome. But in truth, Michael is extremely special—he has electric powers. Michael thinks he is unique until he discovers that a cheerleader named Taylor has the same mysterious powers. With the help of Michael’s friend, Ostin, the three of them set out to discover how Michael and Taylor ended up with their abilities, and their investigation soon brings them to the attention of a powerful group who wants to control the electric teens—and through them, the world.
#1 New York Times bestselling author Richard Paul Evans introduces a character whose risk-filled exploration marks the beginning of a riveting new series. With only his powers, his wits, and his friends to protect him, Michael will need all his strength to survive….
Michael Vey is the first title in Glenn Beck’s Mercury Ink publishing program.
Reading Group Guide
Get a FREE ebook by joining our mailing list today! Plus, receive recommendations for your next Book Club read.
Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25
By Richard Paul Evans
1. Based on the book cover and the book title, what do you think this book will be about?
2. What do you think is so special about Michael Vey?
3. Who do you think the prisoner is going to be?
4. Based on the prologue, how do you think the book will end?
5. Do you think Michael is capable of abusing his special powers? Why? Explain
6. Realistically, other than moving, what other alternatives does Michael have to keep his powers a secret?
7. Do you think Michael can trust Taylor? Why? Explain
8. Why do you think the evil man called his co-hort Zeus?
9. Why do you think the evil gang took Michael’s mom and Taylor?
10. What has happened to Taylor at the beginning of Chapter 18?
11. What is Nichelle’s role in the book? Why does the author have someone like Nichelle in the book?
12. What does Michael have that reminds him of his mom and brings back memories that are painful to remember?
13. If you had a special power, what would that power be? How would you use it? Do you think you would be tempted to use it for the wrong reasons?
14. Michael is bullied by some bigger boys. If a friend confided in you that he was being bullied, what would you advise him to do?
15. What do you think motivates someone to bully someone else? Do you think fear might be part of it? Why do you think the boys bullied Michael?
16. Michael and his mom have a very close relationship. She’s very protective of him, but in what ways is Michael protective of her? How do you think Michael feels about all the things his mother has to do keep him safe?
This guide has been provided by Simon & Schuster for classroom, library, and reading group use. It may be reproduced in its entirety or excerpted for these purposes.
- Publisher: Simon Pulse/Mercury Ink (August 9, 2011)
- Length: 336 pages
- ISBN13: 9781451658224
- Ages: 12 - 99
Browse Related Books
Awards and Honors
- ILA Young Adults' Choices
- Georgia Children's Book Award
- Oregon Battle of the Books List
- Nutmeg Book Award Nominee (CT)
- Gateway Readers Award Final Nominee (MO)
- Soaring Eagle Book Award Nominee (WY)
- Golden Sower Award Nominee (NE)
- Nevada Young Readers' Award
- Young Hoosier Book Award (IN)
- CBC/NSTA Outstanding Science Trade Book
- Rebecca Caudill Young Reader's Book Award (IL)
- Louisiana Young Readers' Choice Award
- Golden Sower Award Honor Book (NE)
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): Michael Vey eBook 9781451658224
- Author Photo (jpg): Richard Paul Evans Photo by Emily Drew.(0.1 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.