“This taut, twisted novel kept me guessing until the very last page. Clever, compelling and utterly thrilling.”
– Lisa Jewell, #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Night She Disappeared
“Equal parts murder mystery and psychological thriller, Will Dean dazzles with his latest, FIRST BORN. A tense, taut plot that blows through unexpected twists and turns, you won’t be able to look away until the final, shattering page.”
– Julie Clark, New York Times bestselling author of THE LAST FLIGHT
"With vivid descriptions of ‘the city that never sleeps,’ characters who are as colorful as they are scheming, and an enthralling story filled with wild scenarios, readers won’t be able to put this book down."
– Buzzfeed, "Best Thriller of the Week"
"Dark, intense, and sometimes shocking (but at other times incredibly moving), this thriller follows Dean’s stunner, The Last Thing to Burn (2021)."
“FIRST BORN is taut, suspenseful, chilling, and surprising. Hold onto your hats for the twists and turns in this deftly plotted page-turner that explores the power of family dynamics, sibling rivalry and broken ties.”
– Gilly Macmillan, New York Times bestselling author of The Long Weekend
"Great pace, great twists, a perfect psychological thriller!"
– B.A. Paris, New York Times bestselling author of THE THERAPIST
"Highly accomplished, dark and dazzling. FIRST BORN twists and deceives, and cements Will Dean’s status as a truly rare talent. Pure brilliance."
– Chris Whitaker, New York Times bestselling author of WE BEGIN AT THE END
"Next-level stuff--original, imaginative, thrilling!"
– Marian Keyes, internationally bestselling author of GROWN UPS
"A deceptively simple premise—a woman investigates her twin sister’s murder—evolves into a story that grows twistier, and more twisted, with each new chapter. I devoured FIRST BORN in a day and finished it with my mouth wide open, in shock at what Will Dean masterfully accomplished."
– Megan Collins, author of THE FAMILY PLOT